To achieve any sensible level of security, you should install systems of a high quality and standard. The company you choose to install and maintain your security system is as important as the system itself.
As you can see from our projects, CAI Vision has installed thousands of hi-tech security systems in residential, commercial and high-profile premises, including the Natural History Museum (the De Beers Diamond Collection), the Princess Royal Hospital and various international embassies.
In recent years, there has been an explosion of online and retail companies selling poor quality security equipment direct, which is inevitably turning a sophisticated technology into a DIY concept.
Many companies or individuals will tell you they install systems, often cheaply. But do they meet the quality standards you would expect, will they be there quickly when you have a problem, and do they have the necessary experience of installing systems in high-risk premises?
Specifying the right equipment
Following a site survey, CAI Vision’s experienced Systems Advisors will complete a detailed appraisal to specify the most appropriate equipment to achieve the necessary security levels.
Our expert site appraisal includes:
- CCTV – location and operational requirement of each camera, the angles of view which will dictate the type of lens to be used (fixed, varifocal), the type of cabling and containment to be used, infra-red, monitors and brackets, Data Protection Act compliance, vandal resistance, remote viewing
- Intruder Alarms – location and type of detectors (PIR, dual tech), door contacts, sounders and alarm panel, types of monitoring and monitors
- Fire Alarms – location and type of detectors (heat or smoke). Whether you want 12V detectors linked to the intruder alarm system (usually installed in residential property) or a standalone mains-powered system with Fire Alarm Panel, Call Points and Sounders
- Access Control – monitoring, recording and logging of entries and exits, proximity access, zone authorisation, on-site programming
- Door Entry Systems – audio only or video, DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliance, vandal resistance
- Automated Gates – security and safety application, dimensions, construction, cabling/power requirements
As you can see, this really is a sophisticated process!
Still deciding? Read our Why Us page.